According to a list released by Forbes, Reliance Foundation Chairperson, Nita Ambani is the most powerful businesswoman in Asia, leading 50 women leaders including 8 women from India.
SBI Chairman and Managing Director Arundhati Bhattacharya has been ranked second on the 2016 ‘Asia’s 50 Power Businesswomen’ list that features trailblazing women from China, Indonesia, Australia, Vietnam, Thailand, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, the Philippines and New Zealand.
Apart from Ambani and Bhattacharya, six women from India have made to the list, including
On Number 14 Ambiga Dhiraj CEO, Mu Sigma
On Number 16 Dipali Goenka CEO, Welspun India
On Number 18 Vinita Gupta, CEO, Lupin
On Number 22 Chanda Kochhar, Managing Director & CEO, ICICI Bank
On Number 26 bVandana Luthra , Founder and vice chairman, VLCC Health Care
On Number 28 Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw Chairman & Managing Director, Biocon Founder
Facts about Nita Ambani
- In 2014, Nita was appointed as a Director on the Board of Reliance Industries Limited, a Fortune 500 company
- She is the chairperson of Dhirubhari Ambani International School.
- Nita Ambani owns Cricket team Mumbai Indians for Indian Premiere league, which won the Champions League T20 in 2011 and 2013 and the Indian Premier League in 2013 and 2015.
- Nita Ambani leads the initiative “Education for all” which helps underprivileged children
- She is the Founder & Chairperson of Football Sports Development Limited that launched the Indian Super League (ISL) in 2014.