Google Analytics has released a new feature. You can transfer property between Google Analytics Accounts or Analytics 360 property between accounts.
Users are using Google Analytics for almost a decade. And since then, every time a property was created, it was housed permanently in its account. The new feature will help to clean your account. You can group properties together in a way that makes the most sense for your current business needs.
Consolidating properties within a single account offers additional benefits.
- Apply the same set of filters to the views in all of those properties.
- You can easily manage users for the properties and views in a single account.
- Change History to see all events from all properties in the same account.
How to transfer Property between Google Analytics Accounts
In order to move a property from one Google Analytics account (called the “source account”) to another (called the “destination account”), you must have full access to both accounts. This means you must have Edit and Manage Users permissions for both the source and destination accounts.
Google have these high requirements to ensure only properly authorized users can perform this powerful action. And, in case a mistake is made, the user can move the property back to the source account.
Complete the following steps to transfer property between Google Analytics Accounts.
- Login to your Google Analytics account.
- Visit the Admin section.
- Visit the “Property Settings” page for the property you’d like to move.
- Select the “Move Property” button in the top right corner.