According to Google Analytics blog, Google Analytics Desktop UI material update is coming soon.
The new update includes:
Google Analytics Desktop UI material update: Simplified navigation
- A new navigation based on Google’s Material Design standards.
- Admin is now pinned to the bottom of the navigation.
- Adjustable left navigation, so you get more space in the canvas.
Customization, all in one place
Earlier all the customization items were in a different section. For example, Dashboards & Shortcuts in the left-nav; Custom Tables, Custom Reports, etc. Now, all customization elements are now in a “Customization” left-nav element.
New picker in the header, instead of The old “Home” account/property/view picker page. It means you can switch views from any page. Which means you can switch views from any page.
A streamlined login flow
Now when you log in, the system will take you to the last Google Analytics View. Where you were looking at the last time.
An adjustable default date range
- You can now change the default date range that Google Analytics reports load with.
- Defaults are now set to 7 days for all standard GA users.
Google Analytics will remove Automatic Intelligence Events. Automated insights from Google Analytics Assistant will take its place.
Google has removed In-page Analytics report from web UI. You can use official Chrome Extension to access it.
Google will start rolling out these changes in next few weeks.