He said, “Thanks to the Xbox 360. We evolved Xbox Live from the original Xbox into the thriving online gaming community it is today. The console became a beloved gaming and entertainment hub. With over 78 billion gaming hours played, 486 billion Gamerscore, 27 billion achievements. It has over 25 billion hours spent in apps over its lifetime.”
I have seen People asking this question.
Are the Xbox 360 servers shutting down?
Answer: No. Microsoft will stop manufacturing XBOX 360 consoles, XBOX 360 server will remain online.
“Xbox 360 means a lot to everyone in Microsoft. While we’ve had an amazing run, the realities of manufacturing a product over a decade old are starting to creep up on us. Which is why we have made the decision to stop manufacturing new Xbox 360 consoles.
There is no fixed date when they will shut down the production of XBOX 360 console. Microsoft will continue to sell existing inventory of Microsoft Xbox 360 consoles, with availability varying by country. Once the Inventory is over, they will no longer produce XBOX 360.
What happens to the existing Microsoft XBOX 360 users?
This is to note, that they will stop manufacturing XBOX 360 consoles, XBOX 360 server will remain online. Microsoft understands that many active gamers are using XBOX 360. So they will continue to support the platform.
- Xbox 360 owners will continue to receive Xbox Live services for their console. For example, online multiplayer gaming and parties, access to the apps they use today, and Games with Gold and Deals with Gold.
- Xbox Live servers that support Xbox 360 services will also remain online and active.
- Gamers can continue to buy over 4,000 Xbox 360 games or Xbox 360 accessories. These are available in retails or online stores.
- Xbox 360 hardware will still be supported.
- You can enjoy available Xbox 360 games through Xbox One Backward Compatibility. Without additional cost.
In an interview with Gamespot, Phil Spencer clarified “right now, we’re not announcing hardware. I’m happy with the console we have. The platform we built on top of that console. The constant innovation and the games that are there.”