On Wednesday, Amazon launched his brand new Kindle Oasis.
Oasis is over 20% lighter and 30% thinner on average than any other Kindle than 2014’s Kindle Voyage, but also includes less space for battery.
“To lean back and read for hours, you need a sanctuary from distraction. We want Kindle to disappear, and Kindle Oasis is the next big step in that mission. It’s the most advanced Kindle we’ve ever built — thin and ultra-lightweight, it gets out of the way so you can lose yourself in the author’s world,” said Amazon.com founder and CEO Jeff Bezos referring to the Oasis.
Kindle Oasis includes;
- Display with Amazon’s 6″ Paperwhite display technology with E Ink Carta™ and built-in light, 300 ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale.
- You don’t need a system to download the content. You can download content directly on Oasis over Wi-Fi.
- It has 4GB device Storage with Free cloud Storage.
- Battery gets charged in 3 Hours and lasts upto 8 weeks (based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10).
Some More features included in Kindle Oasis are
- Language Customization: You can easily select the language that you are most comfortable with.
- Read Books in other Languages.
- Automatic backup of your entire Kindle library free in the cloud.
- Using Send to kindle, you can send documents to your Kindle directly.
The Oasis is available for pre-order online starting Wednesday and will start shipping on April 27.