Twitter has announced a new twitter message button. This will allow visitors to privately message an individual or company directly.
This update is about making it easier to message a business from the web.
The new Message button can be embedded on any website and looks just like Twitter’s other buttons (Share, Follow, Mention, and Hashtag). Just make sure your Twitter account is set up to allow direct messages from anyone, not just people who follow you.
How to add new Twitter Message button to your website
- Log into your Twitter account.
- Go to Twitter Publish.
- Scroll down and click on the Twitter Buttons option.
- Select the Message button option.
- Add your Twitter username you want people to use to contact you.
- Add the user ID (Available in Twitter Settings-> Your account -> Your Twitter data).
- Click on the Preview button.
You should now see an embed code. Copy and paste this code anywhere on your website, to render Twitter Message Button.
You can customize these options further. Just click on set customization options. You can automatically fill the message with a predefined text. Hide the username from the button. Use a larger button size, and choose the language to use.